Monday, December 6, 2010

Wonder

December 4 – Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)



Dictionary.com says that wonder means:
–verb (used without object)


1. to think or speculate curiously: to wonder about the origin of the solar system.

2. to be filled with admiration, amazement, or awe; marvel (often fol. by at ): He wondered at her composure in such a crisis.

3. to doubt: I wonder if she'll really get here

I believe that I have felt all of these sences of wonder this year.

At the begining of the year I wondered if I would EVER get a job!

Toward the middle of the year I had a lot of wonder for my husband.  I wondered at his ability to take over being a SAHD and how smoothly he makes things run.

I also felt #3, I wonderd if I was at the right place work wise, and corrected it when the opportunity came up. 

I have a lot of wonder for my children. I am constantly in awe of how fast they grow and learn. I was in wonder as my son read me Brown Bear Brown Bear at his conference at school. I didn't even know he could read!! My eyes teared up  and I was in complete awe.

No comments: