Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One Word - Change

Today's Prompt is "One Word" December 1 One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)



My one word for 2010 is CHANGE


According to dictionary.com Change is defined as
–verb (used with object)


1. to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone: to change one's name; to change one's opinion; to change the course of history.


2. to transform or convert (usually fol. by into ): The witch changed the prince into a toad.


3. to substitute another or others for; exchange for something else, usually of the same kind: She changed her shoes when she got home from the office.


4. to give and take reciprocally; interchange: to change places with someone.


5. to transfer from one (conveyance) to another: You'll have to change planes in Chicago.



-verb (used without object)


9. to become different: Overnight the nation's mood changed.


10. to become altered or modified: Colors change if they are exposed to the sun.


11. to become transformed or converted (usually fol. by into ): The toad changed into a prince again.


12. to pass gradually into (usually fol. by to or into ): Summer changed to autumn.


13. to make a change or an exchange: If you want to sit next to the window, I'll change with you.


–noun


14. the act or fact of changing; fact of being changed.


19. a transformation or modification; alteration: They noticed the change in his facial expression.


20. a variation or deviation: a change in the daily routine.



I picked a word with many definitions which maybe was the easy way out, but most of them fit my life for 2010. (I promise!)

  • I went from being a stay at home unemployed mother of two boys to a employed mother of two!  (I'd say that is a change!). 
  • My husband has taken over at home and is a SAHD, and is great at it! (Another change in our family).
  • We moved from Tacoma to Fife, better neighborhood, schools, etc because with my oldest son starting Kindergarten I wanted to make sure we were in a better school district.  (Another change!) 
  • I have focused on a few smaller side businesses as well as really getting my Real Estate career going. I don't think that its the perfect time to really GET INTO Real Estate, but I'm not JUST getting into it. I've done it for the last 12 years! Toward the end of 2010 I have decided I want to get out there and do some serious business.  My business is based off of referrals so please don't hesitate to hollar for any Real Estate needs!
  • Did I say I have a Kindergartner? Did I tell you what huge CHANGE it is to have a child in school!?! My days of being a working mom with no extra activities is OVER!  Kids  have taken over the schedule...and that's a GREAT CHANGE!!!!
So now about 2011...

FOCUS!





Dictionary.com defines focus as

–noun


1. a central point, as of attraction, attention, or activity: The need to prevent a nuclear war became the focus of all diplomatic efforts.

2. Optics .

a. the focal point of a lens.

b. the focal length of a lens.

c. the clear and sharply defined condition of an image.

d. the position of a viewed object or the adjustment of an optical device necessary to produce a clear image: in focus; out of focus.


–verb (used with object)

7. to bring to a focus or into focus: to focus the lens of a camera.

8. to concentrate: to focus one's thoughts.

–verb (used without object)

9. to become focused.

That being said I am going to "focus" or concentrate, on all the good things that are going to happen in 2011!  I have set goals and will achieve them. But to do that I have to focus.

Let's see what tomorrow's blog posting topic will have me think about!  See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mel C. said...

Woo Hoo! Good post! Looking forward to tomorrows!