Monday, December 6, 2010

Moment

December 3 – Moment.


Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).
(Author: Ali Edwards)


Wow, one moment I felt most alive.  It was Memorial Day weekend and Josh took us to the Oregon Coast for the weekend.  I remember walking down this long pathway to the beach smelling the salty air, and watching my boys eyes grow so big when we finally made it to the bottom and they could just run and run. We took our shoes off and played ball, flew kites, made sand castles and "chased" the waves.  I remember watching the clouds get closer and closer and telling my husband that it smells like rain. Sure enough it started pouring. So here we are all soaking wet, climbing back up this huge steep pathway with two kids (ages 5 & 1) and all the stuff we took. I will have to say that that day, those couple hours were the most alive I felt all year long.

No comments: